Heal The Bay
Heal the Bay was founded in 1985 by a group of concerned citizens to fight for public safety and the health of Santa Monica Bay. For more than 26 years, Heal the Bay has lead the effort to improve water quality in Southern California.
- Our Beach Report Card SM rates water quality and health risks every week at nearly 500 beaches from Oregon to Mexico
- We welcome 70,000 visitors and 15,000 students annually at our marine education facility, the Santa Monica Pier Aquarium
- Under our supervision, each year Coastal Cleanup Day attracts over 10,000 volunteers and prevents tens of thousands of pounds of trash and recyclables from reaching the ocean
- We advocate at the local, regional and state levels on behalf of our coastal waters and watersheds
- We support educators through the Key to the Sea program and our Education and the Environment Initiative efforts
- Our community action programs include the Speakers Bureau, Stream Team and Ambassadors
- To learn more, visit www.healthebay.org, join us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram
- To learn more about the Santa Monica Pier Aquarium, follow us on Pinterest and Instagram
Mission Statement: Heal the Bay is a nonprofit environmental organization dedicated to making Southern California coastal waters and watersheds, including Santa Monica Bay, safe, healthy and clean. We use science, education, community action and advocacy to fulfill our mission.